Courses, Training and Apprenticeships
Lead Adult Care Worker
Apprenticeship | Level 3
Lead Adult Care Workers are the frontline staff who help adults with care and support needs to achieve their personal goals and live as independently and safely as possible, enabling them to have control and choice in their lives. In addition, Lead Adult Care Workers have responsibility for providing supervision, frontline leadership, guidance and direction for others, or working autonomously, exercising judgement and accountability.
As a Lead Adult Care Worker you will make a positive difference to someone’s life when they are faced with physical, practical, social, emotional or intellectual challenges. You will be expected to exercise judgement and take appropriate action to support individuals to maintain their independence, dignity and control. By providing leadership, guidance and direction at the frontline of care delivery you will be instrumental in improving the health and wellbeing of those receiving care and support.
Lead Adult Care Workers will in some circumstances have delegated responsibility for the standard of care provided and may supervise the work of other care workers. This exercising of autonomy and accountability means leading and supporting others to comply with expected standards and behaviours.
Course Length– 12 Months
Course Funding– £3,000
*Fully funded for organisations with less than 50 employees.
- What is ‘Duty of Care’
- Ensuring Dignity is a priority
- The Barriers to communication
- Safety in the workplace
- Reduce spread of infection
- How to sustain positive attitude
- Create and Develop a care plan
- The importance of respecting diversity
- Understanding the role of advocates
- Sudden accident or illness procedure
- Understanding professional relationships
- The importance of equality
- End Point assesment
- Review & Evaluate
- Creating a care plan
- The importance of Dignity and Respect
- Sudden accident and illness procedures
- Sustaining a positive attitude
Providing educational training and recruiting learners for high-quality funded training courses.